1. How do I register? You can register by attending our registration dates and open house, as well as online.
2. Can my child try a class before we sign up? Yes, every new student is entitled to one free class in the style they wish to try.
3. What sets Caledonia Studio of Dance apart from other dance studios? Our studio is different from the rest because of our highly qualified staff, our fun and encouraging atmosphere, and our passion for dance! The positive energy at CSOD is contagious, and can be felt within minutes of entering our studio. We offer exciting, affordable classes for the whole family, and we care about each dancers growth; both as a student, and as an individual. And of course, we are a 5 time Sachem Readers Choice Award Winner for BEST DANCE STUDIO!
4. Do you have a dress code? Jeans or baggy clothes are not to be worn to dance class. We ask our dancers to wear tight fitted clothing that are easy to move in. The reason being is that baggy clothes can become a safety hazard if a student slips or trips, and the tighter clothes allow the dance teacher to easily correct the students technique, allowing the student to take full advantage of the class.
5. How many classes should my child take each week? We encourage our students to take as many classes as they wish but that it is important to balance their schedule with homework, family and other activities. Although the final decision is up to you how many classes your child takes.
6. Can I watch my child's dance class? CSOD has closed circuit TV’s that parents can use to view the classes in the front lobby, and we also hold a visitor’s week, where parents can enter the classrooms. We do not allow parents in the dance rooms during class because it can be a distraction for the students.
7. What are my payment options? Payment options include cash, cheques, Visa, Mastercard, Debit, post dated cheques and on-line interac transfers. * ON-LINE TRANSFERS: To do an online transfer, log on to your banks website, select e-transfer/e-mail transfer, this will allow you to send your payments directly to our e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org
8. What if my child does not want to continue classes after they start? If for any reason you decide to discontinue your classes, you are not obligated to pay for the balance of the school year. If a student withdrawals mid-month, we do not refund the current month. A student will not be withdrawn until confirmed DIRECT TO OUR OFFICE STAFF by a parent or guardian via phone, in person or via email. Cheques then may be picked up at the studio, sent back to you, or destroyed. In the case of a withdrawal, costume deposits will only be refunded prior to December 1st. After this time, only costumes will be given.
9. Does CSOD offer a Recital for my child? Yes! We hold a year end recital in June for family and friends to view your child’s routines, and to celebrate the dancer’s hard work all year
10. Does CSOD record the Recital? Yes, CSOD does have the recital recorded and is for sale.
11. How are students selected for the competitive team? The students who are selected for the competitive team have to go through an audition process. Students of all abilities may audition for admission into the competitive dance program, but it must be understood that if they do not meet the set requirements of the class then they will not be accepted into the competitive program. The final decision on what classes they are able to partake in is in the hands of the teachers and Studio director. Although natural talent, ability and technique are important determining factors in a student’s selection for the competitive team, they are not the only criteria on which the decision is based. Equally important factors are potential, willingness to learn and improvement of performance ability (face and presentation) and above all, a positive attitude! A student with a disrespectful and negative attitude, no matter how well talented, will not be a part of the CSOD competitive team.
12. How old do you have to be to take dance classes? For the recreational program students can start classes at the age of 2.5 years old; for the competitive program students can start classes at the age of 5 years old.
13. Do you offer competitive classes? Yes! We have an award winning competitive team. This program is great for dancers who have a great passion for the art of dance and are dedicated to the sport.
14. Do you perform for the community? Yes! We do performances at the local retirement home, relay for life and Caledonia Fair Days. We also participate in numerous activities around town including the Canada Day and Santa Claus Parades.
15. Do you offer Birthday Parties? Yes! CSOD offers Birthday packages for children wishing to have their party at the studio. We also have instructors that will host your party in the comfort of your own home!
16. How many kids are there in each class? Here at CSOD our classes range from 4-12 kids per class. For our larger classes we have teacher assistants to ensure that all students get the attention they need.
17. Are there classes for different age groups? Yes we have 5 levels for both of our programs. Our recreational program levels are categorized as Beginner (3-4 yrs), Novice (5-6 yrs), Junior (7-9yrs), Intermediate (10-12 yrs), and Teen (13+). Our competitive program levels are categorized from 1-5 based not only on age but ability.
18. Does the studio fundraise? No! We don’t believe in bombarding our families with fundraisers after paying for classes. We do, however, have optional fundraising campaigns where proceeds go towards dance fees.
19. Are there adult classes? Yes! We offer different types of adult classes throughout the summer and fall seasons . Some types include- Yoga, Bellydance, Tap, Hip Hop.