Has anyone ever asked you out of the blue if you are a dancer? Well if you are wondering how they know, it is probably the little things you do without even realizing! If you are ever caught doing these 5 things, not to worry; it's a dancer thing:
1) We always have the best hair buns. Dancers tend to have a perfect top knot on our heads at all times. We rock solid buns in dance class so it never falls in our face, and we are also a Pro at the pretty polished look with no fly-aways for long days at dance competitions.
2) We are ALWAYS doing dance moves and can do them anywhere. Yes anywhere. We could be in a grocery store aisle and break into piques. We could practice our Tap dancing under our desk in class to the beat of someone's pencil hitting the paper. Of course, we get strange looks and the occasional "what are you doing?". There is no better way to explain it than "It's a dancer thing"
3) We will say things like " I did a dance to this before!" followed by either short sections of the choreography, or full blown lip syncing to the lyrics. We are always marking the arms too! Especially in the car. "Arm-ography" was created by dancers in cars lol!
4) We show our training and technique even when we aren't trying. Dancers tend to have great posture and a lifted chest with every step they take. We walk with our shoulders down and neck lengthened. You may even catch us doing a penché if we drop something!
5) We can crack any part of our body on command. It feels great to us but everyone else is either concerned or disgusted. No morning is complete without a hip, knee, ankle, back, neck and wrist crack. And we will do it again mid plié at Ballet class that evening :)
So if you ever see us doing one of the above, just know we can't help it. Its in our blood, it's a dancer thing, and we wouldn't change it for the world.